Areas of Interest
Stroke, Headache, Epilepsy, Thrombolytic Therapy, Botox therapy, Parkinsons, sleep disorder, Vertigo, Dementia, Neuropathy, Myopathy
Treatments/ Procedure performed
Botulinum Toxin Therapy, Thrombolysis in Acute Stroke
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- MBBS from Pt. B D Sharma Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak (Haryana) in 2001
- MD (Gold Medallist) from SN Medical College Agra in 2005
- DM - Neurology from Seth GS Medical College, Mumbai in 2009.
- DNB In Neurology, 2015
- Trained in neurophysiology at Bombay Hospital, Mumbai in 2007
- Trained in Basic Botox Therapy, AIIMS in the year 2011
- Trained in Advanced Botox Therapy, AIIMS in the year 2012
Dr. Rohit Gupta is an accomplished neurologist with vast experience of over 17 years in Clinical Neurology. He introduced the concept of thrombolysis in Stroke/paralytic patients 11 years back. Till now, he has thrombolysed more than 700 patients which is among one of the highest number in North India. He is a renowned stroke specialist in Faridabad, who is giving thrombolysis to stroke patient on regular basis.
He also introduced Botox therapy in neurological disorders like migraine, hemifacial spasm, blepharospasm, post stroke spasticity, dystonia, writer’s cramp, trigeminal neuralgia and so on. He is among very few neurologists in India who are treating chronic migraine with botox therapy. He has been an ‘A Grader’ throughout his school and college. He also won a gold medal while pursuing MD in General Medicine from S N Medical College, Agra.
He possesses expertise in handling cases of stroke, migraine, headache, epilepsy, movement disorder, parkinson's, sleep disorders, dementia, neuro and muscle related issues, Botox therapy, thrombolytic therapy, spinal cord disorders, paediatric neurological disorder, neuro-ophthalmology, alzheimer's disease, neurological infections, back pain and so on.
Dr. Rohit Gupta has established the Department of Neurology at Metro Heart Institute with Multispeciality, Faridabad and Fortis Escorts Hospital, Faridabad.
PROFESSIONAL HIGHLIGHTS – Academics/ research/publications
- Antiepileptic drugs in Pediatric epilepsy
Journal of Pediatric Neurosciences, jan-june2008, Vol. 3, P7-15
- Micturition induced reflex epilepsy
- Autonomic Seizures as a sequel of Head injury
- A randomized, double blind, placebo controlled, parallel group, multi centric study to evaluate efficacy, of study drugs in subjects with partial onset seizures.
International Trail (Johnson & Johnson)
- Presented paper on “Fourth Nerve Palsy and Superior Orbital Fissure Syndrome”at 73rd Annual Conference of All India Ophthalmological Society.
- Presented E-Poster on “Idiopathic intracranial hypertension: clinical peirle and ites management at a referral hospital”at 73rd Annual Conference of All India Ophthalmological Society.
- Paper published on “ Thrombolysis with IV Tissue Plasminogen Activator for Acute Ischemic Stroke in 91 Years Female With Previous Stroke” In the year 2020.
- Participated in the 4thRural CME of ICP held at Mathura in the 2003.
- Participated in the Annual Seminar IMA-AMS UP Chapter organised by IMA-AMS, Agra in the year 2004.
- Participated in Mechanical Ventilation workshop in IACM Con in the year 2004.
- Participated in workshop on Diabetes Update organised by Agra Diabetes Forum in the year 2005.
- Participated in the 11thAnnual Conference of Craniological society of India in the year 2005.
- Participated in Paediatric Epilepsy ECON 2007, 2ndOctober, Mumbai in the year 2007.
- Presented a Poster on the Indian Epilepsy Association in the ECOON 2007 at Mumbai.
- Participated in the CME organised by World Federation of Neurology in the year 2007.
- He has participated in 9thAnnual Conference of Indian epilepsy Associated and Indian Epilepsy Society in the year 2008.
- Participated in ILAE-CAOA-ASEPA Neuroimaging workshop organised by Indian Epilepsy Society in the year 2008.
- Participated in the 9thAnnual Conference of Indian Epilepsy Association and Indian Epilepsy Society in the year 2008.
- Participated in the workshop organised by Indian Epilepsy Society (IES) & Asian Epilepsy Society (ASEPA) in the year 2012.
- Participated in the Brain & Heart Conference 2014 in Mumbai.
- Attended a Live Workshop on EEG, organised by Medanta in the year 2015.
- Delivered a Talk on “Visual Diagnosis in Neurology” at the event organised by IMA Faridabad in the year 2016.
- Participated in the national headache symposium organised by Asian Society of Continuing Medical Education in the year 2018.
- Attended a Brain 2018 symposium organised by EAN (European Academy of Neurology and ESO (European Stroke Organisation.
- Delivered a Talk on “Epilepsy Unfolding Special Situations” at the event organised by IMA Faridabad in the year 2018.
- Delivered a Talk on “Visual Diagnosis in Neurology” at the event organised by IMA Faridabad in the year 2019.
- participated as a Panellist in Pan Fortis Neurology Conclave in Gurugram, 2019
AWARDS AND RECOGNISATIONS
- Gold Medallist in MD
- Swastha Ratan 2018 for the excellent work in the field of medicine & health.
- Indian Medical Association
- Indian Stroke Association
- Indian Epilepsy Association
- Delhi Neurological Society