AYURVEDA HEALTHY DIET
Want to be a healthy? Healthy not only means physically but as well as mentally. According to Ayurveda, a healthy person is those who is physically and mentally healthy. So the diet which choose also affect our mental health and physical as well.
As per Ayurveda, there are three doshas in our body: Vata, Pitta and Kapha. The prakriti of these doshas reflect the character of the person. If someone has Vata dosha dominant then it contributes towards dryness, light, cold and rough. Pitta dosha dominant has sharp, oily, hot and mobile. Kapha doshas dominant shows moist, heavy soft and static. Mostly we have the combination of one or more doshas eg Vata- pitta, Pitta- Kapha, Kapha-pitta.
To balance in these doshas, we have to take the diet according to our Prakriti which help us to keep healthy and fit.
Vata doshas diet may include:
- Vegetables: Asparagus, beet, Carrots, lentils, mung beans, sweet potatoes, and green, leafy vegetables.
- Beverages: Buttermilk, warm teas, nut milk, and warm water
- Meat and eggs: Beef, chicken, turkey, and eggs
- Grains: Rice, oats, quinoa, wheat
- Fruits: Berries, peaches, mangoes, melons, bananas, avocados, coconuts
Pitta Dosha Diet:
- Vegetables: Broccolis, garlic, radishes, cauliflower, tomatoes, onions
- Beverages: Buttermilk, coconut water, watermelon juice
- Meat and eggs: chicken (white meat), egg (white)
- Grains: buckwheat, millet, corn
- Fruits: sour fruits, such as apples, grapefruit, lemons, dried fruit
Kapha Dosha Diet:
- Vegetables: Carrot, celery, green and leafy vegetables, garlic, ginger
- Beverages: tulsi ginger tea/ decoction, boiled milk
- Meat and eggs: turkey, shrimp, eggs, white chicken
- Grains: Barley, corn, millet, rye
- Fruits: Apple, pear, watermelon, apricot
The perfect doshas diet increase the energy and vitality. Quantity of food should be as per the need of the person in moderate amount. As per Ayurveda, half of the stomach is to be filled with solid food, ¼ th with liquid and remaining 1/4th remains empty. The food which we eat should be chewed 20-30 times. After taking the food, sit for a min. Then walk for 100 steps and lie on the left lateral side of the body. In Accord Superspeciality Hospital has India’s best Integrated Medicine Facility